Let your imagination and creativity run free! Short story and poetry entries will be accepted from October 1 – 31.
Email your submission as an attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note the following guidelines:
- You must be ages 12 – 18 to enter. There are two age categories: 12 – 14 & 15 – 18.
- Entries must be typed, double-spaced, and attached to the email as a file attachment.
- Entries may not exceed 2,000 words or 5 pages.
- Limit 1 poem and 1 short story entry per person.
- Work must be original, not previously published, and titled.
Work will be judged on originality, clarity, ideas presented, voice, word choice, presentation, sentence structure, syntax and spelling.
Prizes will be awarded for winners in the 12 – 14 year old age range and in the 15 – 18 year old age range.
1st place: $50.00 gift card to Barnes and Noble
2nd place: $25.00 gift card to Barnes and Noble
3rd place: $15.00 gift card to Barnes and Noble
An awards ceremony will be held on Tuesday, November 15, 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. at the Hamilton Lane Library.