On Tuesday, August 20 we are introducing a new public catalog called ENCORE that will offer many features you have requested, such as:
- A cleaner interface
- Easier, Google-like searching and better limiting and sorting options
- Opt-in Reading History (if you choose to, you can keep a record of your checkout history)
- Bulk holds (add items to your cart, then place the entire cart on hold with one click)
- Ratings, reviews, tagging…and more
A few things to know:
- The current library catalog will be unavailable after closing Sunday, August 18 until Tuesday, August 20. If you have items due August 19-21, your loan period has been extended one week to August 26-28.
- On Monday, August 19 & Tuesday, August 20, you will need your library card on hand to checkout. We will be unable to accept driver’s licenses or state IDs those days.
- Patrons who utilize the My List feature of the current catalog may wish to print or email those titles for future reference. We are unable to import those into the new system.
- The move to the new system will make any Inactive Holds “active.” After August 20, you may wish to visit your account and deactivate any holds for items you are not ready to receive yet.
- Encore makes possible future improvements to the interlibrary loan services offered at the Lane Libraries.
We appreciate your patience as we continue to improve our services. Thank you for using the Lane Libraries!