If we do not own an item you want, we offer you the free service of borrowing it from another library when possible. This interlibrary loan service takes place through OhioLINK, a consortium of Ohio’s college and university libraries and the State Library of Ohio. Serving more than 600,000 students, faculty, and staff at 85 institutions, OhioLINK’s membership includes 17 public universities, 23 community/technical colleges, 44 private colleges and the State Library of Ohio.
- Search for desired item within the OhioLINK catalog.
- When item is located, click on REQUEST THIS ITEM.
- Choose Lane Libraries from drop-down list.
- Enter your NAME and your LIBRARY CARD NUMBER.
- Choose your pick up location.
- Click SUBMIT.
- The item will be pulled off of the owning library’s shelf and delivered to the Lane Library location you specified
- Once you have placed a hold, you will see the item appear on your holds screen in your account with a status of Requested.
- When the item has been shipped, its status will show as In Transit.
- Once the item is ready and available for you to pick up, its status will show as Received and you will receive a courtesy notice letting you know that it has arrived.
- Items are usually available within 3-5 business days.
- Items will remain on hold shelf at pickup institution for 7 days.
- Loan period is 21 days for printed items (4 renewals if no holds on item) and 7 days for media (no renewals).
- Overdue fine is 50 cents per day with a maximum overdue fine of $25.00.
- An additional replacement fee of $125.00 will be billed for any item not returned within 30 days of the due date.
- Borrowing privileges are denied to any user who has one or more overdue items on account.
- OhioLINK policies, fines and charges are determined by the OhioLINK consortium and cannot be waived or negotiated.
Note: If you are unable to find the item you want through OhioLINK, feel free to try our other borrowing service, SearchOhio. Otherwise, please contact Lane Libraries staff; we may be able to borrow the item for you through another source.